Essentials of Technical Diving
Become a “Thinking Diver”
The UTD Essentials of
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Must be a certified open water diver from a recognized training agency
- Completed UTD online registration process
- Completed The UTD Essentials Online course
- All UTD classes are Non Smoking
- Must be able to swim a distance of at least 50 feet/15 meters on a breath hold.
- Must be able to swim at least 300 yards/275 meters in less than 14 minutes without stopping.
- Maximum depth is 60’/18m
- Standard gas is Air (21% O2)
- No stage decompression
- No overhead environments
Who this class is designed for?
The Essentials of
All UTD classes are filmed for educational and review purposes only. We believe it is invaluable for students to visually focus on their individual in-water skills, situational awareness, communication, and team diving. Learning to self-evaluate is an important aspect of the class. You will be evaluated during the class to obtain the UTD “Essentials of Recreational Diving” Certification. This Certification will allow you to continue within the UTD Recreational Training curriculum. Our focus is the complete dedication to your diving skills, knowledge & in-water comfort and control.